The Bollinger champagne house was founded in 1829 and is one of the last independent producers in the Champagne region. In 1884, Queen Victoria appointed Bollinger the official purveyor to the court of the British Royal Family. The house is based in the Montagne de Reims in Aÿ, near Épernay. The distinctive strong and full-bodied champagnes are achieved by the high proportion of Pinot Noir. Typical of this region! A whopping 80% of all of the house’s plots are Grand or Premier Cru sites.