3 minutes at an height of 50 meters – that was the duration of the flight that pilot Henri Pequet made on February 18, 1911. It was the first time that letters were carried by airplane. Pequet flew 8 kilometers from Allahabad to Naini in India, with mail for Royals in his luggage.
The Airmail Cocktail was documented for the first time in 1949, 38 years later, in the “Handbook for Hosts” issue of Esquire magazine.
The Correo Aereo is the Marmion version of the Airmail cocktail – a fresh and energizing, as well as smooth & spicy classic from the early 20th century. In the Marmion Bar, it is rounded off with a touch of cinnamon & vanilla. A completely unjustly unknown champagne cocktail that is immensely exhilarating!
- Correo Aereo5cl Santa Teresa 1796 Rum
- 2,5cl Runny Honey (2:1)
- 1,5cl Fresh Lime Juice
- Vanilla & Cinnamon Tincture
Champagne glass – please put in the freezer beforehand
- Add rum, runny honey, frech lime juice and the vanilla-cinnamon tincture to the shaker.
- Fill shaker with ice and then shake until it’s well chilled. Go!
- Strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass and add your favorite Champagne.