Demeter certified Champagne Shaman is the starter champagne of the house. A vintage champagne made from 81% Pinot Noir and 19% Chardonnay. Strong in character and expressive Marguet style.
Fruity tart with animating notes of apple and peach and in a long smoky finish. A crazy organic champagne that you should try. To drink now or to store.
- In the glass golden yellow color with a strong perlage.
- On the nose a scent of apple, salty yeasty notes and also a bit malty.
- On the palate apricot, walnut, sour cherry, yeast plait. Pleasantly “vinous.” The Shaman has a crisp acidity, but very well integrated.
- A great companion to light vegetarian (pasta) dishes.
- Goes great with mussels with fries.
- Also a super companion to Japanese dishes.
The Marguet Champagne House
Benoît Marguet is the fifth generation of his family to run the small Marguet champagne house in the southern Montagne de Reims. This puts the winemaker in the great position of being able to work with vines that are 38 years old on average. Benoît Marguet firmly believes that an honest and straightforward champagne can only be created through organic cultivation. His vineyards are still plowed with horses and all the champagnes are aged in wood.
Since 2006, Marguet has been collaborating with Hervé Jestin, the former cellar master of Duval-Leroy. Jestin advises many Champagne houses, and Benoît Marguet has learned a lot about biodynamic viticulture from him.
The Marguet champagnes are fruity and elegant yet powerful. Mostly without dosage and with a spicy and sometimes smoky note. This, by the way, makes them excellent food companions.