The organic Yuman is Marguet’s single-variety base cuvée.
Pressed from 100% Chardonnay grown in pure Premier Cru sites in Vrigny. It ages in oak barrels for 9 months before second fermentation in the bottle. Benoit Marguet works without dosage to highlight the peculiarities of the terroir. Fine bubbly mousseux, fresh yet stout with ripe acidity. Fine aromas of yellow fruit and lemon. Add to this the minerality Marguet is known for, and just a hint of salt. A must try!!!
- In the glass, a straw yellow with light green reflections.
- On the nose, a scent of lemon, grapefruit and apple with a hint of spice.
- In the mouth, a rather lean, wiry body with a chalky finish.
- A great companion to vegetarian dishes such as pumpkin and risotto.
- Goes great with fine fish, such as tartar of mackerel, or fried prawns and scallops.
- We recommend fruity sauces and marinades to go with this champagne.
The Marguet Champagne House
Benoit Marguet is the fifth generation of his family to run the small Marguet champagne house in the southern Montagne de Reims. This puts the winemaker in the great position of being able to work with vines that are 38 years old on average. Benoît Marguet firmly believes that an honest and straightforward champagne can only be created through organic cultivation. His vineyards are still plowed with horses and all the champagnes are aged in wood.
Since 2006, Marguet has been collaborating with Hervé Jestin, the former cellar master of Duval-Leroy. Jestin advises many Champagne houses, and Benoît Marguet has learned a lot about biodynamic viticulture from him.
The Marguet champagnes are fruity and elegant yet powerful. Mostly without dosage and with a spicy and sometimes smoky note. This, by the way, makes them excellent food companions.