Fruity and rich, this champagne is made from 100% Pinot Noir. Yet it remains true to its nature, combining spicy aromas with a rich creaminess and texture. Despite a 31 month long, yeast-based aging period, this only has a minor effect on the flavour and serves to accentuate the fruit. A modern champagne that is fun to drink!
- A bright straw yellow in the glass.
- A scent richt with with notes of hazelnut, citrus and minerality.
- A champagne with a full-bodied and creamy palate. Its acidulous flavours provide a subtle balance to its low dosage of 3g, exciting the tastebuds.
- Mushroom dishes and truffles
- Goes well with cooked fish and poultry.
The Champagne House Lacourte-Godbillon
The estate of Geraldine Lacourte and Richard Desvignes is located in Ecueil, in the heart of the Montagne des Reims. Their 8.5 hectares are all in Premier Cru sites nearby. In 2006, the couple converted the vines to a natural farming method and are in the process of converting to organic farming. The vineyards are planted with 85% Pinot Noir and 15% Chardonnay and boast an average of 30 years of age. The grapes are first fermented in stainless steel and some are aged in oak barrels. The wood for the barrels is obtained entirely from the region. Every wine from every vintage receives its own individual dosage to achieve balance and show its character. The overall character of the wines is rather modern. They are very clear and tight, also reflecting their origin. Albeit without forfeiting their fine fruitiness and elegant depth.