This Blanc de Blancs from the vineyards “Les Barillers” and “Les Faucherets” of the Premier Cru municipality of Vertus is a champagne of the very highest precision. Richness of facets paired with light toasty aromas and great craftsmanship.
- In the glass, a bright straw yellow with delicate bubbles and long-lasting mousseux.
- This champagne delights the nose with lightly roasted aromas and the scent of fine pastry.
- Purity and linearity are its hallmarks. Notes of white peach and flint, white flowers lend the champagne a filigree character.
- On the palate, the Terre de Vertus unfolds very evenly. Initially, it develops a clear minerality that accompanies this champagne throughout its length. It exhibits a brilliant interplay of fruitiness and acidity with an elegant finish. As it progresses, aromas of yellow fruits and pastries emerge, without overwhelming the senses.
- As an accompaniment to white fish such as turbot.
- Or with poultry and pork.
The Champagne House Larmandier-Bernier
For their champagne, the Larmandier-Bernier family grow their wine near the towns of Vertus, Cramant, Chouilly, Oger and Avize. A distinct feature of theirs is the wine’s spontaneous fermentation with natural yeasts. As a result, each vintage, site and barrel has its own yeast, creating a very authentic and fascinating champagne. The champagnes are also very diverse, as each site is pre-aged separately for a year in barriques or barrels before aging for several years. The champagnes receive a low dosage, between 0 and 0.4 g/l, making freshness, authenticity and precise minerality the hallmarks of the Champagne House Larmandier-Bernier.
There are no reviews yet.