For this champagne, De Sousa’s mission seems to be a strong focus on minerality and freshness. Combined with an intense presence of the fruity ripeness of Chardonnay, this makes for an exciting Blanc de Blancs that captures the spirit of the house and the great terroir. Ripe pear and apple flavors provide the fruitiness, beautifully harmonizing with a soft acidity and mildly salty minerality. De Sousa’s method of continually stirring the yeast during barrel aging makes the Réserve Brut creamy and smooth, while the dosage adds a honeyed note to the finish.
Brut Réserve (100% Chardonnay) is an assemblage of different vintages (2 to 3) with at least 25% reserve wine content.
- In the glass, a strong golden yellow with light green hues.
- On the nose, a classic and opulent champagne scent of citrus, brioche and hazelnuts. The first whiff will make you smile in anticipation of the exquisite indulgence awaiting your tongue.
- Smooth and delicate on the palate, with flavors of ripe stone fruit. Refreshingly lively with intense minerality.
- Perfect aperitif.
- Super companion to seafood and shellfish.
- Also the perfect companion for curry dishes.
The Champagne House De Sousa et Fils
The de Sousa champagnes are known and sought after for their crystalline yet juicy character. The champagne house De Sousa et Fils is situated in the heart of the Côte des Blancs. This is the location of the most famous vineyards of the Champagne region, with grapes of Grand Cru quality. De Sousa et Fils specializes in biodynamic champagnes. In addition to the excellent location, the vines, too, have a distinctive feature: their average age of over 45 years is an absolute exception! De Sousa et Fils is also known for its art of champagne production. The grapes are pressed gently, the base wines are aged particularly slowly and carefully. All in all, De Sousa represents the highest terroir quality that can be found in the Champagne.