A champagne’s quality begins with the care given to the vines and the soil. For this reason, Erick de Sousa has committed himself to biodynamic cultivation, thus contributing to the redynamization of his vineyards. His dedication can be felt and tasted in this Blanc de Blancs. It was aged 100% in oak barrels (15% new barrels), the grapes are from old Chardonnay vines from Avize that are over 50 years old (“Vieilles vignes”). Dosage and acidity are well-integrated and set the stage for the main act: a powerful minerality.
- In the glass, a fresh, bright straw yellow colour.
- The first nose, a salty minerality. However, after sufficient contact with oxygen, a very complex aroma of exotic fruits such as grapefruit, mango but also peach and lemon emerges.
- On the palate, this Blanc de Blancs presents a striking minerality and deep structure.
- Perfect apertif.
- Super companion to seafood and shellfish.
- It is also excellent with light vegetarian dishes or poultry.
The Champagne House De Sousa et Fils
The de Sousa champagnes are known and sought after for their crystalline yet juicy character. The champagne house De Sousa et Fils is situated in the heart of the Côte des Blancs. This is the location of the most famous vineyards of the Champagne region, with grapes of Grand Cru quality. De Sousa et Fils specializes in biodynamic champagnes. In addition to the excellent location, the vines, too, have a distinctive feature: their average age of over 45 years is an absolute exception! De Sousa et Fils is also known for its art of champagne production. The grapes are pressed gently, the base wines are aged particularly slowly and carefully. All in all, De Sousa represents the highest terroir quality that can be found in the Champagne.
There are no reviews yet.