De Sousa’s entry-level cuvée is a smooth, approachable and appealing champagne with a pleasant balance that doesn’t try to be particularly mineral, complex or deep.
Assembled from several vintages, its fruit-driven character combines the apple and cherry flavors of Pinot Noir with the citrus notes of Chardonnay and the subtle brioche notes of yeast maturation.
Like all champagne by De Sousa et Fils, the Brut Tradition, too, is biodynamically grown and Demeter certified.
50% Chardonnay, 40% Pinot Noir, 10% Meunier
- Fine, intense effervescence in the glass, with a delicate, long-lasting frothy head.
- On the nose, a delicate scent of citrus and almonds, with a slight hint of tart apples.
- The palate is punchy, fruity and fresh. Altogether well balanced.
- A champagne that is suitable for any time of day (and night).
- Super companion to vegetarian, light dishes or seafood and fish.
- Also goes well with fruit desserts.
The Champagne House De Sousa et Fils
The de Sousa champagnes are known and sought after for their crystalline yet juicy character.
The champagne house De Sousa et Fils is situated in the heart of the Côte des Blancs. This is the location of the most famous vineyards of the Champagne region, with grapes of Grand Cru quality. De Sousa et Fils specializes in biodynamic champagnes. In addition to the excellent location, the vines, too, have a distinctive feature: their average age of over 45 years is an absolute exception! De Sousa et Fils is also known for its art of champagne production. The grapes are pressed gently, the base wines are aged particularly slowly and carefully. All in all, De Sousa represents the highest terroir quality that can be found in the Champagne.