100% Chardonnay from the Grand Cru site of Chouilly in the Côte de Blancs combined with the 2008 vintage make this champagne something very special. 10% of the base wines were first aged in wood, which gives this Blanc de Blancs a bit more complexity. Wonderfully fresh on the palate at first, followed by ripe and juicy fruit flavors like pineapple, lemons mingle with a round creamy, but not at all heavy texture. The finish is chalky, fresh but long-lasting.
2008 was a phenomenal vintage in Champagne. Tyson Stelzer, renowned Champagne connoisseur and critic, has these words for this outstanding vintage: “It’s a vintage of classic finesse, crystal-clear purity, tightly lashed acidity and monumental longevity.”
A special Grand Cru vintage champagne from an incredible year.
- In the glass: intense bright citrus color.
- In the nose: ripe bouquet, aromas of apples, cookie and lemon.
- On the palate, ripe and juicy fruit flavors such as pineapple, lemons, creamy but still fresh
- Solo or as a food accompaniment.
- This champagne is excellent with seafood, especially oysters.
- It can also be served with fish or as an accompaniment to an entire menu, as long as it is not particularly spicy or sweet dishes.
The Champagne House A.R. Lenoble
Champagne A.R. Lenoble was founded in 1920 by Armand-Raphaël Graser. It is one of the few champagne houses that has been family owned for over 100 years. The current owners Anne and Antoine Malassagne are the great-grandchildren of the founder and thus the fourth generation of the family to run the winery. The 18 hectares of vines of the estate are distributed as follows: 10 hectares in Chouilly where Anne and Antoine grow Chardonnay in Grand Cru sites – definitely the jewel of the Champagne house, 6 hectares in in Bisseuil (Pinot Noir, Premier Cru) and 2 hectares in Damery.
There are no reviews yet.