92 Parker points speak for themselves. Terrois d’Ecueil is a winemaker’s champagne with a high level of craftsmanship that is simply fun to drink. The cuvée of 85% Pinot Noir and 15% Chardonnay with a dosage of 5g represents the characteristics of Lacourte-Godbillon in its own way. The champagne offers fruit and elegance while maintaining a beautiful balance.
- A pale straw yellow in the glass, pure and bright with fine bubbles.
- This champagne delights our sense of smell with a bouquet of orange peel, fine apple and almond notes, as well as yeast and light roasted aromas.
- On the palate, the champagne unfolds with a pronounced fruit and a casual yeasty note.
- A good companion to vegetarian dishes, goat cheese and salads.
- Or to smoked fish and wild fowl.
The Champagne House Lacourte-Godbillon
The estate of Geraldine Lacourte and Richard Desvignes is located in Ecueil, in the heart of the Montagne des Reims. Their 8.5 hectares are all in Premier Cru sites nearby. In 2006, the couple converted the vines to a natural farming method and are in the process of converting to organic farming. The vineyards are planted with 85% Pinot Noir and 15% Chardonnay and boast an average of 30 years of age. The grapes are first fermented in stainless steel and some are aged in oak barrels. The wood for the barrels is obtained entirely from the region. Every wine from every vintage receives its own individual dosage to achieve balance and show its character. The overall character of the wines is rather modern. They are very clear and tight, also reflecting their origin. Albeit without forfeiting their fine fruitiness and elegant depth.