A classic among the champagnes of our time. A beautiful interplay of the fruity aromas of Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier, the freshness of Chardonnay, and a maturity achieved by 36 months of aging. More sparkling than vinous, the ideal combination of fruity, exotic freshness and a delicate maturity. The Brut Classique is characterized by a balanced body, fine mousseux and vigorous, well-balanced acidity. In the past, cellar master Nicolas Jaeger was elected Chef des Caves by the prestigious wine guide Le Guide Hachette des Vins – the 2018 Cellar Master of the Year award is thus a repeated confirmation of his exceptional work, which is also reflected within this champagne.
- In the glass, a lemony yellow with vibrant perlage.
- On the nose, exotic fruits such as mango, papaya and honeydew melon paired with delicate yeasty notes of brioche
- On the palate, yellow stone fruit and ripe lime. Juicy and refreshing with a firm structure
- Fantastic and unique appetizer
- Perfect with dishes of white meat, fish or seafood
- Super companion to light pasta dishes
The Alfred Gratien Champagne House
Not far from the center of Épernay, exquisite champagnes have been produced for four generations with the utmost care and the best know-how continuing in the footsteps of founder Alfred Gratien. Established in 1864, Gratien has a long tradition of champagne production and still uses very traditional methods of vinification. In addition to aging the wines in oak barrels, Nicolas Jeager, as “Chef de Caves,” relies on another special feature: forgoing malolactic fermentation. As a result, the fruity and fresh character of the wine is preserved for a longer period of time. Alfred Gratien stands for many years of comprehensive know-how, aging of wines in oak barrels and striving to always deliver the best to connoisseurs.
There are no reviews yet.